Advocate for healthy food access, opportunities for physical activity in schools, complete Streets and other essential investments in public health at the American Heart Association’s Heart on the Hill on May 23, 2016.
An advocacy training will be held and you will have the opportunity for scheduled visits with your Representative and Senator (or their staff) to talk about American Heart Association legislative priorities, many of which are MPHA priorities too
- Advocate for healthy food and beverage options in vending machines in all State Buildings.
- Advocate for critical public funding to create the Massachusetts Food Trust, a Healthy Food Financing initiative, to increase the number of healthy food retail outlets (supermarkets, grocery stores, farmers’ markets, mobile markets) in underserved communities
- Advocate for increased accountability reporting of schools to provide quality physical education in our schools
- Advocate for funding so that road construction and reconstruction create complete streets that are safe and convenient for all users and all modes of transportation
- Advocate for appropriations for state level reporting and implementation of shared use programs as well as incentives to schools to promote shared use