Title: Program Coordinator II
Organization: MA Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Program Coordinator will provide overall support to the Office of Community Health Workers within the Division of Prevention and Wellness. The Office of CHWs coordinates statewide CHW workforce initiatives and related policy, and the Program Coordinator will be part of a team and support those efforts through a variety of program activities.
- Provide overall support for Office of Community Health Workers, including implementation of certification and affiliated projects.
- Provide support for the Office in the facilitation of CHW-related internal and external work groups and other chronic disease related activities.
- Support policy development through production of white papers, policy analyses, and other documents or presentations to support division priorities.
- Support strategic planning in the Office and help to coordinate with chronic disease plan efforts in the division.
- Support the Office in responding to inquiries for information and maintaining the website.
- Assist with preparation of budgets using Excel.
- Assist with preparation of progress and end-of-year reports to CDC and other funders.
- Assist with contract management.
- Provide support to meetings (developing agendas, writing minutes, and scheduling), training programs, and conferences, and related events, including the development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Conduct literature searches and background research on policy issues and community health workers.
- Assist in partner development such as recruitment and communication.
- Collect and compiles community health worker-related resources.
- Assist with internal and external communications to support the Office and other priorities for the division.
- Coordinate and oversees purchases, contracts, grant proposals, word processing reports, mailings, and travel arrangements.
- Respond to information requests by phone and electronically from the public on the Office of CHWs.
- Compose correspondence as needed.
- Supervise student interns.
- Develop and implement procedures and guidelines to accomplish assigned agency program objectives and goals.
- Review reports and other documents for completeness, accuracy and content.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full time, or equivalent part-time, professional, administrative or managerial experience in business administration, business management or public administration the major duties of which involved program management, program administration, program coordination, program planning and/or program analysis, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A Bachelor’s degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the-required experience.*
II. A Graduate degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience.*
III. A Bachelor’s or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
To Apply: View full job description and apply here.