Title: Development Director
Organization: Groundwork Lawrence
Brief Summary of Position: GWL is seeking a full time Development Director to add to their Management Team and to lead the fundraising function at GWL. Responsible for leading raising approximately $1.2M from private and governmental sources each year, the Development Director plays a key role in the organization. The Development Director is responsible for building and sustaining GWL’s culture of philanthropy.
- Development Strategy: Work with the Executive Director, Management Team and Associate Development Director to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and approaches to informannual Development Plan.
- Development Team: Lead development function at the organization and manage Associate Development Director. Work closely with Executive Director and Board Fundraising Committee to
capitalize on fundraising opportunities.
- Fundraising: Conduct research, prospecting, and application to multiple donor sources. Maintain and grow prospect portfolio of foundations, individuals, corporations and governmental sources. Managecultivation and stewardship plans for donors.
- CITC Plan: Lead the launch and implementation of GWL’s Community Investment Tax Credit (CITC) program, which provides individuals, corporations, and nonprofits with a 50% refundable MA state taxcredit for new or increased donations.
- Special Events: Oversee organization of and fundraising for annual gala and sponsorships for other major events.
- Database: Manage the implementation and usage of the Raiser’s Edge.
- Budgeting: Forecast revenue among private and governmental sources for annual budgeting and quarterly reviews. Work with the Finance & Operations Director on revenue projections.
- Communications: In collaboration with Communications Team, oversee creation of e-newsletter, annual report, and other content for development and marketing purposes.
- Must share a passion for GWL’s values and vision.
- Bachelor’s degree or professional experience in nonprofit management, communications, English, or GWL related field.
- At least 5-7 years of full-time professional experience in development with excellent references.
- Knowledge of and experience with government and foundation grant processes and systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends.
- Bilingual or ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus.Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and customer relationship management software such as Raiser’s Edge.
- Must be experienced working in multi-cultural settings with a demonstrated respect and commitment to multicultural competency.
To Apply: View full job description and apply, here.