Title: Director of the Determination of Need Program
Organization: MA Department of Public Health, Bureau of Health Care Safety and Quality—Determination of Need Program
Brief Summary of Position: The Bureau of Heath Care Safety and Quality is seeking a strong leader and experienced administrator to assess and advance the needs of the Commonwealth’s population, as well as, advance the mission of the state’s health care delivery system reform efforts by advocating for high quality services at the lowest cost to patients across the Commonwealth.
The Director establishes standards for review and implements critical transparency mechanisms for DoN application processes, procedures and oversight. With oversight of applications totaling over $1 billion annually, the Director must be process-driven, strategic, analytical, highly motivated and well-spoken. With a commitment to public engagement, the Director also ensures active public participation and awareness by identifying and working across DPH and stakeholder groups. As a spokesperson, the Director advocates for capital expenditures or substantial changes in healthcare services that meet clearly identified standards, incorporate stakeholder input and are in alignment with the mission of Health Care Quality: to promote, preserve, and protect the health of everyone in the Commonwealth and to strive to achieve an optimal healthcare delivery system that ensures safe, effective, high-quality care for all.
- Strong understanding of Massachusetts health care and public policy with an ability to understand and articulate a wide-range of health care issues, such as provision of health care services, health care technology, access to services, insurance fraud, prevention of medical errors, patient fraud and abuse, licensing and professional credentialing, and the application of information technology systems.
- Ability to analyze and succinctly articulate difficult and often complex situations in an effective manner, while presenting these complexities with an eye towards the development of strong recommendations and prescriptive conditions.
- Ability to develop and implement effective stakeholder strategies and to promote a culture of transparency and inclusion.
- Exceptional management, leadership, communication, strategic planning, visionary, and interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of 7-10 years health care related experience, of which 3-5 years of management experience is preferred.
- Master’s degree in public health or health care administration or other related degree.
To Apply: Detailed job description and application procedure can be found at: http://tinyurl.com/DoNDirector
Learn more about Bureau of Healthcare Quality: http://tinyurl.com/MassHCQ
Learn more about Determination of Need Program: http://tinyurl.com/MassDoNp