Title: Chief of Community Health
Organization: Worcester Division of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position: The City of Worcester Division of Public Health seeks a dynamic professional who will serve as an expert as well as build and maintain partnerships to support the Division’s community health programs and initiatives.
- The incumbent must be able to work independently throughout the public health district under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director of Public Health
- This highly skilled individual must have the knowledge, skills and experience to provide technical assistance to the management team related to community engagement, coalition building, and primary prevention
- Candidate must have the ability to work with academic institutions, enhance community based partnerships, assist with the development and implementation of health grants, and support the development and implementation of the Community Health Assessment and Community Health Improvement Plan
- The selected candidate must be able to work in a multi-disciplinary team to advance health throughout the region and understand the principles of quality improvement and assurance
- Completion of a Master’s of Public Health degree program at an accredited university
- Five years’ experience in public or private sectors in local public health. Advanced public health degree with at least 7 years’ experience in collaborative models of community health preferred
- Additional degree(s) in health policy, sociology, population studies, or related field preferred
Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by the Division of Public Health which has included at least five years of relevant work experience and a Master’s degree as an educational minimum
The City of Worcester is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.