Title: Regional Administrator
Organization: Administration for Children and Families, Department of Health and Human Services
Brief Summary of Position: The Administration for Children & Families (ACF) is a division of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS). ACF promotes the economic and social well-being of families, children, individuals and communities. ACF administers more than 60 programs with a budget of more than $51 billion, making it the second largest agency in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
As a Regional Administrator in the Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Office of Regional Operations (ORO), you will be responsible for managing relationships with state and local human services leaders and leading priority initiatives that promote the economic and social well-being of children and families.
- Provide leadership for Administration for Children and Families (ACF) key national goals, priorities, and initiatives that require collaboration with state-level policymakers at the executive/cabinet level and other internal and external customers and partners such as local and Tribal governmental officials, non-profit leaders, and the philanthropic community.
- Provide leadership and direction for agency strategic initiatives to improve policy and programmatic outcomes for children and families.
- Provide external affairs leadership and coordinate activities across ACF regional programs to advance ACF’s mission. Develop, monitor, and report on external affairs activities that focus on improving customer service to state and local human services agencies and improve outcomes for children and families.
- Provide day-to-day management, leadership, and guidance to staff within the Immediate Office of the Regional Administrator (IORA). Provide leadership and support of regional program staff.
- Provide leadership for disaster preparedness, response, and recovery for Federal and/or State emergencies and disasters; lead Continuity of Operations (COOP) planning and implementation for the Regional Office.
- At least one year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service and/or similar experience in the state, private industry or non-profit sectors that included advising state-level agency heads and policymakers at the executive/cabinet level in order to improve economic and social well-being of vulnerable children and families.
To Apply: View full description and apply here.