Title: Research Specialist
Organization: Brigham & Women’s Hospital (BWH), Center for Surgery and Public Health (CSPH)
Brief Summary of Position:
Established in 2005 as a joint initiative of Harvard Medical School and the Harvard School of Public Health, CSPH’s mission is to advance the science of surgical care delivery by studying effectiveness, equity, and value at the health system and population levels, to inform policy, and to provide support for faculty and trainees committed to excellence in surgical health services research (HSR). The Center for Surgery and Public Health (CSPH) seeks a Research Specialist to assist the Principal Investigator (PI) and team in establishing and managing a newly formed research program on Patient-Oriented Practice and Policy (PPOPP).
- Assist in the development of project plans, timelines, and deliverables
- Track and manage all project related issues
- Support the coordination, management, and analysis of data
- Assist in development of analysis plans and research protocols and data use agreements in collaboration with study investigators, programmers, and statisticians
- Assist/participate in data analysis, interpretation and presentation of results
- Support manuscript development
- Manage and coordinate IRB guidelines and confidentiality requirements for assigned research projects
- Support in the development and preparation of grant proposals and templates
- Identify, define, and develop funding sources
- Manage and advance multiple projects simultaneously
- Apply consistent approach and delivery consistent quality across engagements
- All other duties as assigned
- The position requires a Masters in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, economics, decision analysis, health services research, health policy or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of prior research experience is preferred.
- Prior experience with manuscript and grant writing and preparation.
- Familiarity/working knowledge of databases such as Excel, Access, REDCap is essential.
- Familiarity/working knowledge of statistical software such as SAS is required.
- Strong critical appraisal skill, quantitative skills, effective communication and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to work as a member of a matrix team.
To Apply: View full job description and apply here. Contact Emily Wilson, Communications Specialist, Center for Surgery and Public Health (CSPH), Brigham and Women’s Hospital at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.