Title: Division Director
Organization: Boston Public Health Commission, HIV/AIDS Services Division
Brief Summary of Position: Provide programmatic direction and management of the HIV/AIDS Services Division. This Division manages Ryan White funding to provide a continuum of services to people living with HIV (PLWH). The Director is responsible for managing all day to day operations of the Division, including producing all annual grant applications, implementing an RFP process for services, monitoring contracted providers, completing all mandatory reporting, program and policy development, quality management activities, collaborating with the community planning process (Planning Council), and ancillary responsibility for the fiscal and data reporting systems.
Client Services: The Division Director is responsible for overseeing the distribution of grant funds according to the priorities established by the Planning Council and in accordance with BPHC policies. Client Services provides programmatic support to Ryan White-funded agencies in the Boston EMA. Program responsibilities include contract management, monitoring client demographics and service utilization data, working with agencies to maximize distributed funds, providing technical assistance on grant management and reporting requirements, as well as preparing grants and various reports.
Minority AIDS Initiative (MAI): The Division Director oversees the MAI which provides additional funds that target PLWH from disproportionately impacted minority communities. Program responsibilities include contract management, monitoring client demographics and service utilization data, working with agencies to maximize distributed funds, providing technical assistance on grant management and reporting requirements, as well as preparing grants and various reports.
Quality Management (QM): The QM program ensures that funded services adhere to established HIV standards of care and guidelines. Under the direction of the Division Director, this program oversees the implementation of strategies to assess and improve HIV related medical care and support services.
HIV Dental: The Division Director oversees the HIV Dental Program is a comprehensive dental access program for PLWH in Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire. The Program provides client referrals, advocacy, education, and payment for dental care for PLWH who cannot afford treatment.
In addition to the duties above, this position collaborates with the IDB Director on the following:
Planning Council Support: The Planning Council is a HRSA mandated community advisory board that prioritizes Ryan White funding in the Boston EMA. The Division Director collaborates closely with Planning Council support staff.
Other Activities: Participates in a range of activities and initiatives related to HIV (regardless of funding source) and other communicable diseases as requested by the IDB Director.
- Masters Degree with 5 years of Public Health experience and 5-7 years of grants and supervisory experience OR a Bachelors Degree with 10 plus years of progressive related experience including 5-7 years of grants and supervisory experience.
- Experience working with low income and diverse populations.
- Ability to work with significant autonomy and limited supervisory direction and as part of a diverse, multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in public speaking.
- Demonstrated skills in resource development, contract management, grant writing, policy development and implementation.
- Must be available for out of state travel as required by funding agencies or BPHC.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to transportation.
To Apply: View full description and apply at: www.bphc.org