Title: Program Manager and Grant Writer
Organization: CYCLE Kids
Brief Summary of Position:
CYCLE Kids is a nonprofit organization founded in 2004 with a mission of strengthening the emotional and physical health of underserved kids by inspiring them to lead active and nutritious lifestyles, using the fun and practical skill of riding a bike. CYCLE Kids provides schools with a well-developed curriculum that teaches children about bicycling and nutrition. The program helps kids build confidence and social skills, find strong support systems in communities, develop healthy nutrition habits, and learn a new skill that gets them active every day.
CYCLE Kids is looking for a professional seeking meaningful work in growing an organization to fulfill the position of a Grants Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have experience handling a wide range of administrative tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Grants Coordinator must be well organized, flexible, have outstanding communication and writing skills, and be extremely detail oriented.
- Responsible for the planning, evaluation, organization, and overall coordination of the CYCLE Kids programs
- Manage the budget allocated to the school programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with school administrators and teachers.
- Develop reports that illustrate the impact of CYCLE Kids school programs (statistics, evaluation, etc.) Ensure that appropriate standards, performance measures, evaluation and assessment mechanisms are used to effectively measure the impact of the work.
- Manage inventory requirements (bikes, helmets, textbooks.) This includes creating outreach programs to potential equipment donors.
- Manage Interns
- Marketing and Communication
- Create and distribute a monthly newsletter to our community and supporters.
- Update Teacher’s blog weekly with supplemental lesson plans
- Maintain newsletter and blog editorial calendar
- Contribute content to Social Media sites; Facebook Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Assist Executive Director with fundraising activities
- Prepare materials to secure grants
- Seek donations of in-kind and cash gifts
- Help coordinate fundraising events in coordination with the CYCLE Kids Executive Director and board.
- Represent CYCLE Kids and the CYCLE Kids Program in the community
- Participate on various committees, planning groups and task forces.
- Maintain relationships with community leaders, funding bodies, government agencies, service providers, collaborative partners and others in the community.
- Plan and staff opportunities for outreach.
- Actively network with other community service non-profits in the greater Boston area.
- Integrate the CYCLE Kids mission, vision, and values into the fabric of services delivered.
- Ensure the provision of quality services to clients through establishment, monitoring and commitment to best practices and professional standards.
- Assist with Administrative Tasks: Bookkeeping and maintenance of financial records using QuickBooks. Update and maintain contacts in the Salesforce.com database. Assist with the general management of the office.
- Manage communication with the CYCLE Kids 2016 Boston Marathon team.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field required, Master’s preferred.
- 2-3 years work experience in related field.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills—the ability to collaborate and work well with others.
- Willingness to perform administrative tasks with enthusiasm and high attention to detail.
- An ability to work independently with moderate supervision.
- A desire to have an impact on the health and wellness of children and commitment to the CYCLE Kids mission.
- Effective organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and CV or resume to email@example.com. No phone calls. *NOTE: Applicant must be comfortable with dogs in the office every day.