Title: Senior Program Manager, Development Support
Organization: Community Builders, Inc.
Brief Summary of Position:
The Senior Program Manager, Development Support will be based in the Boston corporate office and will have responsibility for independently managing investment activities related to the following programs: New Market Tax Credit (NMTC), Neighborhood Stabilization Program 2 (NSP2), Capital Magnet Fund (CMF), Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), as well as various other lending programs. This will include building internal and external customer relationships, creating and maintaining a pipeline of investment opportunities, working with Development and Finance staff to structure transactions, building relationships with existing capital sources, and cultivating new sources of lending capital.
- Represent The Community Builders to the public and effectively build relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with other Community Builders, Inc. staff to manage the allocation of NMTCs, close NMTC transactions, and prepare NMTC applications.
- Manage internal NSP2, predevelopment, and other lending processes.
- Work with internal and external customers to manage their expectations regarding terms and conditions in line with established policies that balance benefit to customers with risk and return to the organizations.
- Independently manage internal approval process for NMTC and lending programs, including review by advisory boards, investment committees, and corporate boards.
- Coordinate loan draws and funding with customers and Accounting staff.
- Assemble and maintain complete transaction file documentation in electronic systems.
- Transition closed transactions to staff responsible for asset management, compliance, and reporting by providing information on deal structure, servicing, monitoring, and other requirements.
- Work with Vice President, Development Operations and others to identify new markets, unmet market needs, and potential new sources of capital.
- Strong, effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Works effectively and constructively with a wide variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Works successfully in a collaborative manner with minimal supervision.
- Strong understanding of real estate, affordable housing, and community development.
- Knowledge of LIHTC and NMTC programs, as well as various HUD programs (including NSP2 and Choice Neighborhoods) and other CDFI Fund programs (including CMF and the CDFI program).
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work accurately under time pressure and with interruptions to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with Nortridge servicing software a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
To Apply: Apply here.