Title: Front End Web Developer
(Full-time position in Northampton MA, Rockville MD, or remote)
Brief Summary of Position:
CommunicateHealth is a mission-based consulting company that helps public and private sector organizations simplify health information. They design healthcare services, personal health tools, public health and emergency communications, and innovative interactive media. Communicate Health employs a talented team of plain language writers, designers, developers, and usability specialists dedicated to creating health information and services that are attractive and easy to use. They are committed to making a difference in the world and in the lives of their employees. Learn more: www.communicatehealth.com.
CommunicateHealth is looking for someone with genuine enthusiasm for the presentation layer and the ability (and eagerness) to learn new skills on the job.
- Front-end template development for new web sites and applications
- Refinements and new-feature additions to existing client projects
- Working closely with team of designers on in-house deliverables
- Communicating recommendations and requirements clearly, both with nontechnical clients and with technical partners
- BA in computer science or related field
- Ability to write consistent, standards-compliant XHTML and CSS
- Ability to create efficient and maintainable features with jQuery
- Ability to consider edge cases and thoroughly test your own code
- Experience implementing responsive templates
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (for PSD to HTML conversion)
- Strong knowledge of at least one major CMS (e.g. WordPress or Drupal)
- Ability to translate client needs into specific requirements
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization strategies
- Attention to detail and production schedules
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and 3 front-end code samples with short description of each sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: October 05, 2015.