Title: Reading Coalition Against Substance Abuse (RCASA) Youth Coordinator
Organization: Massachusetts Municipal Association
Brief Summary of Position:
Reading Coalition Against Substance Abuse (RCASA) mobilizes community organizations, residents and youth to work together to implement multiple strategies to reduce substance abuse in Reading, MA. The RCASA Youth Coordinator organizes youth-driven substance abuse prevention efforts for the town of Reading; primarily reaching youth ages 12-18.
- High school diploma required.
- Associate’s degree in health education, psychology, social services, social work or related field preferred.
- Two years of experience in an office or business setting, preferably in the public sector, human services or social service field.
- Certified Alcohol/Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC) and/or licensed Alcohol/Drug Abuse Counselor Assistant and demonstrated experience in planning and implementing events preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and Outlook as well as experience with social media including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience, with additional work experience substituting for the required education on a year for year basis.
Applicant should be able to meet the requirements of the position as outlined in the Position Descriptions for the Youth Coordinator. Applicant should state education, training and experience, which he/she feels, has provided him/her with the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applications will be accepted in the Human Resources Office, 16 Lowell St., Reading, MA 01867, and online at www.readingma.gov, open until filled. A full job description is available upon request from Judith Perkins, Human Resources Director. The town of Reading is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline: September 10, 2015