Title: New Hampshire Field Director
Organization: NARAL Pro-choice Massachusetts
Brief Summary of Position:
NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts (NARAL), a statewide, nonprofit pro-choice organization and affiliate of NARAL Pro-Choice America, seeks a full time Field Director to lead their presidential primary campaign in New Hampshire. NARAL’s mission is to develop and sustain a grassroots constituency that uses the political process to guarantee every woman the right to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices.
NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to serve as the Field Director for their New Hampshire presidential primary program. This person will develop and implement a field plan in key precincts for the 2016 presidential primary to assist with building and strengthening a long-term activist infrastructure within the state. In the winter, this person may oversee anywhere from one (1) to three (3) additional paid organizers. The person will oversee the training, execution, and day-to-day activities of the field program and must be able to complete tasks on tight deadlines.
The position is located in Concord, NH and s/he will report directly to the Executive Director of NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts.
- Recruiting, training, and managing field organizers and volunteer activists.
- Building multiple precinct-wide outreach programs with tiered levels of support.
- Overseeing field activities which will include but are not limited to: door-to-door canvassing, and community events such as house parties and town hall meetings.
- Coordinating activist engagement across a minimum of three (3) New England states.
- Identifying and responding to earned-media opportunities.
- Candidate must have at least two cycles of field experience.
- Candidate must have a knowledge and strong commitment to reproductive rights and freedom.
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Candidate must have the ability to work independently and be managed from a distance.
- Candidate must have strong communication skills and be able to facilitate team work across distances.
- Candidate should have experience managing and holding others responsible to quantitative and qualitative goals.
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to forge meaningful, respectful relationships with volunteers.
- Candidate should be an organized self-starter that is detail-oriented and metrics driven.
- Candidate should have experience with database management.
- Experience in New Hampshire politics and government a plus.
- Proficiency with Google Docs, and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint required.
- Proficiency with VAN or VoteBuilder required.
- Working nights and weekends will be required.
- Some travel will be required; access to a vehicle required.
This is a contract position through February 2016.
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put NH Field Director in the subject line. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
Deadline: August 21, 2015