Title: Director of Heart Attack Systems of Care
Organization: American Heart Association and American Stroke Association
Brief Summary of Position:
The Founders Affiliate of the American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Director of Heart Attack Systems of Care (Mission: Lifeline) in their Waltham, MA or Norwalk, CT office. This position serves the New England Area (mainly MA and CT) with travel in the territory as required. This position is grant funded for 2 years, however, there is a strong possibility that the position will be extended. The candidate will have the opportunity to extend this position beyond the 2 year time frame by soliciting further project funding through grant application.
- Responsible for the coordination, development and implementation of regional systems for treating heart attack patients;
- Development of key partner and customer relationships, to include: hospitals, quality improvement organizations, state health departments, EMS agencies and other partners;
- Coordinate and facilitate conference calls, webinars, in-person workshops & stakeholder meetings with physicians and other health care professionals regarding Mission: Lifeline and other American Heart Association Programs;
- Review data collected from various sources; recommend changes and modifications to systems to improve heart attack system performance;
- Prepare reports and analyses demonstrating progress, roadblocks, and appropriate recommendations for project success and/or conclusions as requested;
- Solicit further project funding through grant applications.
- Two years hospital, clinical, quality improvement or EMS experience.
- Experience with project management, especially in the area of working with volunteers and facilitating conference calls, webinars, workshops and stakeholder meetings.
- Experience in building and managing relationships with external alliances.
- Experience with data analysis a plus.
- Cardiac care knowledge/experience a plus.
- Grant writing experience a plus.
- Experience in successful relationship management to accomplish goals.
- Ability to work outside standard hours as needed based on workload and deadlines, including occasional evenings.
- Ability to use Microsoft products, computer software, run reports and maintains accurate data.
- Ability to travel during work hours up to 30% of the time, primarily in the defined territory. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Satisfactory background and reference checks.
Master’s degree in a health care related field from an accredited university preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years’ experience equates to 1 full time year of higher education.
Must have at least 2 years of experience in healthcare: clinical or quality improvement. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement.
To apply: For more information and to apply, click here.