Title: Project Manager
Brief Summary of Position:
WalkBoston is seeking a mid-level professional with a passion for sustainable transportation. They are seeking someone committed to making walking a major form of transportation and working in close coordination with bicycling, transit, health, planning and environmental advocates. You would be working with a core team of advocates with years of experience in developing walkable communities. They are looking for an individual who wants to make sustainable transportation a career focus and help WalkBoston continue their work across Massachusetts serving urban, suburban and rural communities. The Project Manager will have primary responsibility for managing and carrying WB’s technical assistance projects in communities across the state in coordination with local municipal staff, state agency partners and local community groups. The Project Manager will act as a public face for WalkBoston, work directly with community and agency partners, and assist in project development and grant writing.
Responsibilities and Relevant Experience:
- Manage several projects simultaneously.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Create work plans and develop and track budgets for projects.
- Delegate tasks to other staff.
- Write monthly, quarterly, and final reports.
- Participate in strategic planning for the organization.
- Make presentations at meetings and events.
- Create and build relationships.
- Attend public meetings relevant to walking and walkers’ concerns.
- Follow up on leads for possible partners and projects.
- Develop grant/project proposals.
- Assist with corporate and individual fundraising.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of increasingly responsible professional experience.
- Masters degree in relevant field such as Urban Planning, Transportation Planning or Engineering, Public Health or Public Policy.
- Project management experience.
- Expertise in reading and interpreting design plans and comfort with carrying out walking condition assessments.
- Comfort with reviewing transportation and traffic data.
- Experience in development of project proposals and/or grant proposals.
- Spanish proficiency would be a significant plus.
For more information on WalkBoston, click here.
To apply: Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. WalkBoston requests no phone calls.
Deadline: August 5, 2015.