Title: Quality Advisor – Hypertension
Organization: John Snow Incorporated
Brief Summary of Position:
JSI Research & Training Institute (JSI) seeks a full‐time consultant through June 2017 (contingent on funding extensions) to deliver services to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH)’s Prevention & Wellness Trust Fund (PWTF). JSI seeks highly motivated and dynamic individuals to assist MDPH in implementing an innovative health and wellness initiative. This first‐in‐the‐nation effort is part of a $60 million fund created by the Legislature and administered by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to help fight chronic illness and improve health outcomes on the community level while reducing health care costs.
The Hypertension Quality Advisor will be responsible for coordinating the PWTF Hypertension Learning Collaborative to support the PWTF Partnerships funded by MDPH in the implementation of several evidence‐based interventions to improve hypertension. The interventions include: implementing clinical guidelines for hypertension in the clinical setting, as well as Chronic Disease Self‐Management Programs and Self‐Measured Blood Pressure Monitoring with supports in the community setting. Based on the IHI’s model for Quality Improvement (QI) learning collaboratives and with input from the PWTF and DPH staff, the Hypertension Quality Advisor will develop a plan for executing the learning collaborative. The Advisor will be responsible for engaging with several external subject matter experts; the hypertension leads from the 9 PWTF partnership teams; DPH hypertension program staff; DPH PWTF staff and the leads for the other 3 condition specific collaboratives (asthma, falls, and tobacco). The goals of the collaborative are to: provide QI support to teams for successful implementation of interventions, and facilitate shared learning to accelerate improvement.
- Development of a Hypertension Learning Collaborative including a strategic plan, goals, and timeline for implementation;
- Coordinate with PWTF staff to ensure the Hypertension Learning Collaborative activities are aligned with other condition collaboratives (falls, tobacco, and asthma) and overarching PWTF program goals;
- Facilitate data‐driven QI and sharing of best practices and strategies to address common challenges;
- Develop or assist in the development of training, tools or resources to support collaborative participants;
- Coordinate external trainings for collaborative participants;
- Serve as the primary contact for collaborative participants and lead for PWTF hypertension initiatives;
- Engage with at least 1 subject matter expert (SME) consultant including: drafting scope of work and contract conditions; oversight of their work; coordination of their role and communication between SME and with partnership staff;
- Convene meetings with SME to ensure alignment and consistent approach;
- Coordinate Hypertension Learning Collaborative meetings and any presentations related to hypertension for PWTF meetings;
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to be effective in a fast‐paced environment.
- Understanding of the principles of Quality Improvement. Experience implementing these principles in the clinical or community setting is preferred. Formal QI certification preferred (e.g. CPHQ).
- Background and/or experience in public health or other health environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes as the program/staffing evolves.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work with challenging people to build relationships while providing feedback.
- Ability to communicate effectively with persons from a wide range of professional and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to manage complex projects.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous ongoing projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required ‐ graduate degree in health, public health or related field preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with older adult falls is preferred.
- Understanding of community partnerships is preferred.
For more information about the PWTF, click here.
For more information about JSI Research and Training Institute, click here.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com