Title: 5210 Worcester Program Coordinator
Organization: Worcester Food & Active Living Policy Council (FALPC)
Brief Summary of Position:
Under the general supervision of the Director of the Worcester Food & Active Living Policy Council (FALPC), the 5210 Worcester Program Coordinator is responsible for performing administrative and professional duties supporting Worcester’s 5210 Program. The Program Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day operations working in close alliance with FALPC staff, the 5210 Worcester Advisory Committee, the Let’s Go! Home Office and sector sites. This position supports the Early Childhood and Healthcare sectors in advancing policy and environmental changes to address healthy eating and active living through 5210 strategies and resources. The Program Coordinator ensures all program related activities are carried out successfully in a timely manner and will act as the liaison to the greater community in partnership with FALPC. This position is primarily days, Monday through Friday; however, it may occasionally require some evening and Saturday hours for meetings and special programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong software and computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and maintain relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work both independently and to collaborate with teams of individuals in diverse settings.
- Analytical ability. Experience with surveys, data collection and interpretation.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Community Health or Public Health, or a related field. Community Health Education Specialist (CHES) certification a bonus. Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish is a plus.
- At least one year’s experience in successful community health project management implementing education, environment and policy change strategies.
- Experience writing non-profit, government and/or private foundation grants.
- Basic knowledge of healthcare with previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Collaborates with FALPC staff, the Let’s Go! Home Office, sector sites, and others to support the implementation of education programs and advancement of policy and environmental changes.
- Facilitates the development of program work plans. Monitors progress to meet targeted goals.
- Acts as the liaison between the program and community businesses/organizations.
- Provides tools, resources, technical support and training to community and sector partners and champions in implementing the 5210 program and other community health initiatives as assigned.
- Demonstrates effective organization and time management skills.
- Researches grant opportunities and writes grants to support program initiatives.
- Works with FALPC staff to implement marketing and communication initiatives that promote education and awareness of programs and healthy behaviors.
- Develops and/or uses survey tools to acquire relevant data that support program goals and health outcomes measurement.
- Collects and analyzes project data and generates reports, including grant specific reports for funders.
- Prepares written reports, minutes and other project-related correspondence for internal and external distribution.
- Conducts health-related needs assessment. Compiles reports.
- Provides leadership and facilitates select work groups and/or committees.
- Reviews scientific literature for evidence-based and evidence-informed best practices.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrates good listening ability, fair-mindedness, diplomacy and flexibility.
- Demonstrates a participatory style and is team-oriented.
- Communicates in a clear, concise and professional manner and maintains an ongoing positive rapport with customers; demonstrates excellent communication skills (oral, written and graphic presentation).
- Communicates all pertinent activities to director and other team members.
- Delivers a timely response or a commitment to respond within a specific time frame to all inquiries.
- Demonstrates ability to manage conflicts.
Other Duties as Assigned
This is a contract position that does not include benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Liz Sheehan Castro at email@example.com. Please include “5210 Program Coordinator” in the Subject of the email.