Title: Health Communications Manager
This is You:
You are an experienced health communicator with a proven interest in message and product development. You are able to synthesize audience research, health education and behavior change theories, and plain language writing to create meaningful, accessible, and actionable communication tools for clients and consumers. You enjoy working independently and collaboratively, have experience giving and receiving feedback and have outstanding organization skills and attention to detail. You are passionate about making health information easier to understand and use.
- Lead the development of a communication product with a multi-disciplinary team and ensure products are delivered on time and in budget
- Keep project teams and clients focused by advocating for end users and their goals
- Develop product requirements and specifications and adjust as necessary based on client feedback and user research findings and recommendations
- Develop research protocols including screeners and moderator’s guides
- Conduct formative research with consumers and professionals
- Lead and integrate user research studies into message and product development
- Work with research staff to communicate findings and recommendations to internal team (writers, designers, and developers)
- Write clear, concise reports (from top-level summaries to detailed technical reports) for delivery to clients
- Research a variety of health- and wellness-related topics and distill the most relevant actions and recommendations
- Gather and review feedback on content from editors, usability professionals, and subject matter experts, and revise content appropriately
- Work with design, content, and usability staff on information architecture, content strategy, and content layout
- Oversee and inform post-production quality control (QC) processes
- Act as a connector across project teams, to integrate project-level lessons learned across the organization
- Masters degree in communication, public health, or other related social science
- Minimum 3 years professional public health education, health communication, and/or communication research experience
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a project management role, with an ability to establish and document processes
- Experience implementing health education theories and principles and usercentered design methods when developing content or tools for the web and print
- Experience in conducting user or audience research
- Experience providing high level editing and writing with limited supervision
- Experience developing materials for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills
- Experience managing project or program budgets
- Familiar with federal plain language guidelines and best practices
- Experience working with graphic designers and web developers
- Supervisory experience
- Experience translating technical/medical information into plain language
- Familiar with IRB, Office of Management and Budget Paperwork Reduction Act, and nuances of research clearance processes
Please send cover letter, resume, 2 writing or portfolio samples, and 3 references to email@example.com by June 15th, 2015.
This is for a full-time salaried position. We offer highly competitive salaries and full benefits.
CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.
As federal contractors, we are required to ask applicants to submit a voluntary Demographics form, at www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/. No personnel selections are made based on this information.