Title: Executive Director
Organization: Northern Berkshire Community Coalition
Brief Summary of Position:
In addition to the strategic and operational acumen required of every executive director in a nonprofit of nbCC’s size and maturity, this position requires the executive director to be a hands-on operational manager as well as fundraiser, community face of the organization and relationship builder. The ideal candidate for nbCC will possess and demonstrate this particular set of skills, attributes and experience:
- Passion for Mission: The successful candidate must have a genuine passion for inclusive community engagement with demonstrated experience in or knowledge of coalition work and principles in semi-rural/rural environments.
- Collaborator and Bridge Builder: The ideal candidate will have the skills to forge collaborative relationships and partnerships with various public, private and non-profit constituencies and community residents and stakeholders. S/he will have proven problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Communicator: The candidate will be an excellent written and oral communicator and spokesperson who is comfortable in large public settings and will advocate on behalf of the northern Berkshire community.
- Fundraising and Resource Management Leader: The next executive director will have acumen in acquiring diverse funding and will possess good writing skills for grant and solicitation development. S/he will be familiar with effective financial and operational management in a nonprofit agency of nbCC’s size.
- Diplomat: S/he will be a culturally sensitive leader with political savvy who possesses a practical strategic approach and a demonstrated ability to grow the coalition to achieve its full potential.
- Team Builder:S/he will inspire confidence and trust in agency staff to work to their greatest potential and be accountable to their work while adhering to agency values of inclusion.
- Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of seven years of increasing leadership responsibility.