Title: Community Health Worker
Organization: Milford Regional Medical Center
Brief Summary of Position:
Purpose: To function as part of patient care team to provide health education, patient navigation of effective use of health care system, and connect patients to community resources.
- Education/Skills: Associates degree preferred or High School /GED and one additional year experience. Written and oral fluency in Portuguese and/or Spanish required.
- Certification / License: N/A
- Written and oral fluency in English and either Spanish or Portuguese
- Experience performing interviewing and confidential data collection techniques, and record keeping
- Experience in collecting information from patients and completing standard forms (experience with MassHealth enrollment a plus) and preparing required reports
- Ability and willingness to provide emotional support, encouragement and motivation to patients to fully participate in care
- Ability and willingness to recognize patients with specific needs and refer them to the appropriate professionals and resources
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Explorer
- Six months to one year of community outreach experience (health care or social service agency, supportive services, personal care, or related experience) and knowledge of the community.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written; attention to detail; and organizational skills a must
- Ability to work independently
For more information and to apply: http://jobs.milfordregional.org/milford/allied-health/jobid7460034-community-health-worker-jobs