Title: Training and Technical Assistance Associate
Organization: Bay State Community Services
Brief Summary of Position:
The person in this position will provide targeted technical assistance to Massachusetts communities and coalitions involved in substance abuse prevention activities.
Develop materials and tools to help communities with all steps of the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF): Assessment, Capacity Building, Strategic Planning, Implementation and Evaluation to plan, implement, and sustain prevention strategies.
Plan and facilitate regional meetings and other networking events.
Develop and deliver virtual learning and networking opportunities, including webinars and peer-to-peer discussions
Work closely with statewide MassTAPP TA team to develop cohesive strategies for addressing needs and gaps in community-based prevention.
Communicate effectively and maintain positive relationships with community coordinators, local officials, statewide leaders and colleagues.
This position requires educational achievement: excellent writing skills; demonstrative initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independly and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Specific requirements:
- Bachelors degree required
- Master’s degree, educational certification or PhD in a related field preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Prior leadership or supervisory experience preferred
- Experience working with people of diverse backrounds
- Certified Prevention Specialists, or in process of becoming certified
- Knowledge of current practices and issues in the filed of substance abuse prevention
- Ability to travel throughout MA and attend weekly meetings in Waltham, MA
- Availability to attend occasional community meetings outside of regular business hours
Annual Salary Range = $50k – $55k