Title: Senior Administrative Assistant to the Chief of Staff and Chief Public Policy
Organization: National Brain Tumor Society
Brief Summary of Position:
National Brain Tumor Society is a leading non-profit fiercely committed to finding a cure for brain tumors. We aggressively drive strategic research, advocate for public policies that meet the critical needs of the brain tumor community, and provide helpful online patient information and resources.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff and Chief Public Policy and Advocacy Officer, you will provide administrative assistance, requiring exercise of independent judgment, professionalism and confidentiality and coordinate specials projects as needed, prepares materials and presentations.
- Works on assignments necessitating exposure to sensitive information and contacts requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Prepares reports, manuals, agendas, correspondence, presentations and memoranda. Prepares routine correspondence for signature.
- On behalf of the Chief of Staff and Chief Public Policy and Advocacy Officer, arranges travel, organizes meetings, maintains schedules, and plans events.
- Maintains accurate records, updates Salesforce records on key advisors/collaboration.
- Attends and participates in meetings to take notes and follow up as needed. Compiles meeting minutes.
- Coordinates special projects which may include the planning and coordination of multiple presentations, disseminating information or coordinating company-wide activities.
- Acts as initial point of contact for advocate calls—provides information on the ways to be involved, explains what it means to be a public policy advocate and how to sign up, and if appropriate schedules time with appropriate team member.
- Provides Head to the Hill administrative support, including printing materials, name tags and creating folders, and logistics for any programs meetings, including working with hotel, ordering food, reserving space, etc.
- Coordinates committee, constituent and external contact meetings including scheduling, meeting arrangements, coordinating support materials, correspondence, meeting minutes and responds to inquiries. Acts as liaison on behalf of the department.
- Works with facilities including hotels and meeting spaces to arrange meetings of various sizes.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BS or BA degree (no specific focus required). Prior experience in scientific or medical environment and comfort with scientific terms and vocabulary is preferred.
Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information, diplomacy, tact, and professionalism in actions and appearance. Strong attention to detail, with a commitment to high quality work. Strong experience Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and databases. Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and manage time well. Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills. Team player and quick learner who focuses on high productivity and results. Professional, friendly, and enthusiastic personality. Self starter with a proactive attitude who can anticipate needs.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No agencies, please.