Title: Contract Communication Associate
Brief Summary of Position:
You are a motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a strong interest in health communication. Your perfectionist’s eye for detail applies whether you’re coordinating schedules, crafting an email, or capturing meeting notes. You are comfortable holding all the pieces of a project and can follow-up on action items with colleagues to see tasks through to completion. In addition, you:
- Maintain strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills — and can perform writing assignments with little supervision.
- Are an effective verbal communicator, both in-person and by telephone.
- Have the ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects with ease.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, flexible work environment.
Provide support for health communication, content development, website maintenance, and formative research projects. Tasks may include:
- Writing content for print and interactive tools
- Helping to maintain content and images for large federal health websites
- Conducting internet research and environmental scans
- Providing support for research projects such as scheduling research participants and taking notes
Coordinate day-to-day activities of projects. Tasks may include:
- Supporting multi-disciplinary teams of writers, designers, researchers, and web developers
- Scheduling client and team meetings
- Drafting meeting agendas and taking meeting notes
- Maintaining project schedules and timelines
- Drafting written project performance reports
Provide on-site office administration tasks. Tasks may include:
- Maintaining office equipment and supplies
- Interfacing professionally with high-level clients
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as communication, public
health, English, or the social sciences.
- You have at least 1-2 years of professional experience.
- You have experience with project coordination, including the development and control of schedules and timelines.
- You have experience in office administration in a busy environment with a mix of remote and on-site staff.
- You have experience with health communication and/or formative research projects.
- You have experience in website content maintenance including content management systems such as Drupal and basic HTML.
- You are familiar with Mac operating system and software.
- You have demonstrated familiarity with health literacy principles.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 20th, 2015.
CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.
We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits.
As federal contractors, we are required to ask applicants to submit a voluntary Demographics form, at www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/. No personnel selections are made based on this information.