Title: Grassroots Coordinator
Organization: Tobacco Free Mass
Brief Summary of Position:
In coordination with TFM Executive Director, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, champions, Executive Committee and Department of Public Health, the Grassroots Coordinator will lead efforts in support of regulations incorporating an increase in minimum legal sales age of tobacco products to 21 as part of comprehensive regulations.
Position Responsibilities May Include:
- Recruit and build local grassroots base in support of minimum legal sales age of 21 as part of comprehensive regulations in conjunction with TFM Executive Director, CTFK, champions, TFM Executive Committee, DPH, stakeholders, and external partners.
- Conduct membership outreach and grassroots management in support of TFM’s priorities.
- Conduct public policy research, including investigatory work on the retail environment.
- Coordinate testimony with champions and other stakeholders in support of MLSA of 21.
- Draft policy-related documents (fact sheets, leave behinds, reports, and other communications) for dissemination to and mobilization of grassroots, partners, policymakers, and stakeholders.
- Monitor and generate policy-related media.
- Assist with database management.
- Conduct relevant evaluation activities and reporting.
- Complete other tasks and activities as required to support the mission of Tobacco Free Mass.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A demonstrated commitment to the mission of Tobacco Free Mass and tobacco prevention.
- A demonstrated commitment to addressing health disparities through public health policies.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to juggle several tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Relevant coursework or professional experience.
- Experience working in a non-profit setting or a coalition.
- Meaningful experience working with diverse constituencies.
- Strong research skills.
- Attention to details.
- Self-motivation, integrity, and the ability to work as a member of a high-functioning team.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of social media.
- Master’s Degree Preferred; 3-5 years of experience.
Position responsibilities can be fulfilled from home-based office. Start date: March 2015.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Tami Gouveia at email@example.com.