Title: Director of Research and Partnerships
Organization: CLF Ventures
Brief Summary of Position:
CLFV is seeking a Director of Research and Partnerships (Director) with a minimum of ten years of progressive management experience leading multi-stakeholder public health initiatives. The Director will lead the RWJF research work on behalf of the CLF/CLFV team and provide direction and guidance to project partners, including the Harvard School of Public Health, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Metropolitan Area Planning Council, Urban Imprint, Community Health Centers and other community-based organizations. The Director will also work closely with four key managers/consultants: (1) CLF’s Senior Vice President for Strategic Initiatives; (2) CLF’s Vice President and Director of Healthy Communities and Environmental Justice program (HCEJ); (3) CLFV’s Director of Fund Development; and (4) CLF’s health strategy and metrics consultant, who is also a co-principal investigator on the grant. That management group’s objective will be to grow the organization’s healthy communities portfolio, including direct investments and consulting work related to fund design, development and metrics. The Director will be chiefly responsible for working with RWJF and other staff, consultants, and partners to document and disseminate research findings through publications and conference presentations.
This is a full-time exempt position. The Director of Research and Partnerships will report to the Senior Vice President for Strategic Initiatives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead RWJF research project, including management of grant award, partner relationships, and sub-contracts;
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership on research design, including selection of target and control neighborhoods, interview protocol, and selection of measures for longitudinal research study;
- Work with CLF and CLFV team to develop longitudinal research project proposal, building on baseline research and evaluation;
- Interact with stakeholder group of foundations, practitioners and policy makers on a regular basis to keep them informed and engaged in the work;
- Document learning and lessons for the field through journal articles and participation in professional conference and other events;
- Work closely with the VP/HCEJ Director and the Director of Fund Development to explore new partnerships and strategies for expanding the healthy communities portfolio;
- Serve as a technical resource for CLF and CLFV staff on metrics and evaluation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate degree in public health, public administration, or related field.
- Ten-plus years of progressive management experience leading multi-stakeholder public health initiatives in a non-profit or public agency.
- Demonstrated interest in community development, health equity, and/or impact investing.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Direct experience with grants management and reporting, including oversight of project partners, budgets, contracts and sub-contracts.
- Direct experience with mixed-methods research design and use of clinical health data. Familiarity with BRFSS and other public health survey instruments a plus.
- Independent and entrepreneurial thinker with a track record of launching and/or scaling up new projects and programs and translating ideas into action.
- Experience working in low-income communities and communities of color.
- Creativity, tenacity, good humor, and ability to work within a multifaceted organization.
Salary and Benefits:
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open, inclusive and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
Send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g., “SMITH J RESUME”) and a detailed cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g., “SMITH J COVER”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make “Director of Research and Partnerships” the subject of your e-mail. The deadline for applications is February 20, 2015.