Title: National Press Secretary
Organization: League of Conservative Voters (LVC)
Brief Summary of Position:
LCV works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
The League of Conservation Voters is seeking an experienced, strategic communications professional to serve as National Press Secretary. As the leading accountability and political environmental group, the National Press Secretary will position LCV and our issues at the forefront of the political debate, major legislative initiatives and some of the most important races in the country. This position will work with LCV’s campaigns and legislative teams to develop a communications strategy and generate earned media for LCV and its sister organization LCV Education Fund on priority issues and campaigns.
Responsibilities: Work with LCV’s campaigns and legislative teams to develop a communications strategy and generate earned media for LCV and our sister organization LCV Education Fund on priority issues and campaigns
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key political and policy reporters.
- Serve as on-the-record spokesperson.
- Organize press events and speaking opportunities.
- Produce and distribute written materials, including press releases, op-eds, and memos.
- Seek out strategic opportunities to aggressively engage in rapid response
- Coordinate communications activities with state LCVs and other allies.
- Additional communications-related responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: College degree required.
- Work experience: 3-5 years experience in media relations; campaign experience preferred.
- Skills: Demonstrated experience and success with pitching media; strong written and verbal communication skills; proven entrepreneurial abilities, creativity, and initiative; ability to work well in a fast-paced environment; ability to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work; understanding of environmental issues and their potential to engage the public.
- Conditions: Ability to work overtime with little notice; able to work hours exceeding stated office hours to get the job done; ability and willingness to travel. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “National Press Secretary” in the subject line by Feb 13, 2015. No phone calls please.