Title: Manager of Health Education
Organization: American Lung Association of the Northeast
Brief Summary of Position:
American Lung Association of the Northeast (ALANE) seeks a Manager of Health Education to work out of the E. Hartford, CT location. The person to hold this position will provide health education programs to health care professionals related to Lung Cancer, COPD, Asthma, and Tobacco Cessation. The Manager will also be an active participant in the ALANE Health Education Team, as well as local community coalitions and committees that relate to the ALA mission.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Education required, Masters degree and/or CHES preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- Minimum 5 years of health education experience
- Experience in the health related non-profit sector
- Experience with committee/coalition coordination and facilitation
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Experience with accreditation processes for continuing education (CEUs & CMEs)
- Grant writing and budget management experience helpful
- Experience working with the media.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-directed and independent worker and at the same time be a supportive and contributing member of the Health Education Team
- Strategic thinker that is able to multi-task and attend to details
- Excellent presentation skills
- Grant writing and meeting facilitation skills
- Proficient in commonly used computer programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
Interested candidates must return cover letter with salary requirements and resume via email to email@example.com. Only candidates who submit cover letter and salary requirements will be considered.