Title: Executive Director
Organization: The Ellie Fund
Brief Summary of Position:
The position of Executive Director is to provide overall leadership and management of the Ellie Fund with a prominent role as the primary leader, fundraiser, and spokesperson. Through collaborative leadership and skilled management, the Executive Director:
- Develops strategies, policies, plans and budgets;
- Strengthens and expands new revenue sources; and
- Evaluates and oversees events and activities.
Responsible for the day–to-day operations and staff supervision, the Executive Director is expected to contribute greatly to the organization’s positive culture by inspiring and motivating staff and volunteers alike.
Additionally, the Executive Director serves as the main link between staff and the Board of Directors and plays a key role in guiding and supporting board activities and fiduciary responsibilities including strategic planning, board optimization, facilitation and reporting,
As its strategic leader, the Executive Director is expected to capitalize on the Ellie Fund’s strong growth trajectory and help shape how the organization extends its reach and deepens its impact by building on a strong base of committed financial and public support.
The Executive Director is a dynamic leader and an inspirational spokesperson with a proven ability to cultivate meaningful relationships; attract corporate, foundation, individual and family funding; develop high-impact partnerships state-wide, and engage the community in new and exciting ways to raise The Ellie Fund’s visibility and involvement in ways that increase the donations needed to serve more breast cancer patients and families.
The successful candidate will bring a wealth of experience and talent. Specific expectations include:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of nonprofit leadership or private sector leadership with demonstrated experience contributing to a mission-driven organization.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing short- and long-term strategic fundraising strategies including corporate sponsorships, foundations, grants, individual donors and government agencies.
- Strong budget and financial management skills; experience creating annual operating plans and budgets that support strategic objectives; knowledge and experience with QuickBooks, or similar program.
- Strategic planning experience during a period of change and expansion.
- Strong public speaking and writing skills for broadly diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated experience working with and leveraging a strong and engaged Board of Directors and volunteer base.
- Experience building, managing and leading high performing teams; an inspiring team builder. who engenders trust and builds group commitment both within the organization and throughout the community to the organizations’ goals and objectives.
- Experience in public relations, marketing, social media and current social fundraising tools.
- Ability and willingness to work beyond normal business hours to attend events and fundraising activities.
- Adherence to professional codes of conduct, especially confidentiality.
• Passion for the Ellie Fund’s mission
• Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
• True team player, coach and mentor; more focused on the success of others than her/himself
• Exceptional communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to multitask; can work within a highly adaptive model while driving toward results
• Creativity and resourcefulness as a leader and problem solver
• Resilience with a sense of humor
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced strategic leader and manager with networks and funder relationships in Boston and/or state-wide, to take the organization forward. Salary and benefits package negotiable, commensurate with experience.
For additional information and specific job expectations please go to: www.elliefund.org/jobs
Candidates are asked to include a cover letter that describes how their qualifications and experiences match the needs of the Ellie Fund, salary requirements, and how they learned of the position. Only electronic submissions will be considered.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: EllieFundEDsearch@tdcorp.org for consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as they come in, so candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.