Title: Operations Manager
Organization: Rhode Island Association for the Education of Young Children
Job Type: Temporary
Brief Summary of Position:
The Operations Manager is a full-time, temporary position that works closely with the Executive Director to assist in managing the workflow process to assure maximum efficiency and expediting of all existing and incoming applications to the QRIS in order to meet target dates. The Operations Manager will audit, plan and coordinate the daily operations of the agency, and be responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity and efficiency of the organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies. Familiarity with Early Care and Education and/or a Quality Rating and Improvement Systems is a plus.
- Coordination – Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of the Assessment and Quality Improvement Teams
- Best Practices – Improve processes and policies in support of Race to the Top-Early Learning Challenge (RTT-ELC) goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Strategic Input – Liaison with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Production – Coordinate work flows between staff involved in the rating and quality improvement of programs. Monitor and implement improvements. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Human Resources – Plan the use of human resources. Supervise assigned staff. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules.
- Customer Service – Coordinate customer support.
- Financial – Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to begin to examine sustainability. Plan effective strategies for the financial well being of the organization.
- Communication – Facilitate coordination and communication between functions.
Non-Technical Skills and Behavior:
- Professional skill set for collaborating with and supporting members of a team.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent reading and writing skills.
- Ability to respond professionally and respectfully as needed to different situations.
- Professional, friendly, and respectful demeanor in all interactions.
- Exercise sound judgment.
- Take initiative to solve problems.
- Maintain professional demeanor regardless of internal or external concerns.
- Handle confidential information related to programs, children, and families.
- Complete multiple tasks concurrently with a consistent professional demeanor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or related field
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Information technology skills
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Working knowledge of state systems, including Quality Rating and Improvement Systems.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals in this position must have the ability to:
- Travel to and from community locations which could include using walkways and/or stairs.
- Stand for up to 30 minutes.
- Kneel and reach.
- Drive and have access to reliable transportation.
- Work in typical office environments.