Title: Executive Director, Let’s Move Active Schools (LMAS)
Organization: Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA)
Job Type: Full-time
Brief Summary of Position:
Now a substantial initiative with significant momentum, PHA is seeking an Executive Director to lead LMAS through its next phase of growth, with the goal of engaging 50,000 schools by 2017.
- Provide strategic direction and vision for LMAS, including the development of a long-term sustainability plan.
- Identify and secure new supporters of LMAS and maintain relationships with existing supporters, ensuring all supporters are positively engaged.
- Establish, manage and fundraise for the Active Schools Fund, which will support the long-term operations of LMAS.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of LMAS, including providing direction to LMAS dedicated staff that are housed within three managing organizations (PHA, Alliance for a Healthier Generation and SHAPE America).
- Develop processes and procedures that serve to further define the organizational structure of the initiative.
- Represent LMAS externally at meetings and conferences, serving as a key spokesperson to prospective supporters, key stakeholders, the school community, media and other interested parties.
- Serve as liaison to the LMAS Steering Committee, which is comprised of senior leadership from the founding organizations.
The ideal candidate will have a specific interest in working to bring physical activity back to every school in America and will also possess:
- At least 10 years of experience in business, marketing, non-profit management
or a related field.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial performance leading and building an organization and/or division with sustained growth and success.
- Proven track record in fundraising.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building and maintaining relationships with a wide variety of audiences, including business, government, and nonprofits.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with proficiency in preparation and presentation of proposals.
- Demonstrated project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and deliver quality work on time.
- Strong analytic and critical reasoning skills.
- Stature, gravitas, and confidence to gain the credibility and respect within and outside the organization.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter and salary history/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Director” in the title.