Title: Youth Worker
Organization: Youth Pride Inc. (Rhode Island)
Job Type: This is a part-time position of 24 hours per week, Tuesday through Friday from 2:00pm to 8:00pm. Hourly rate based on experience.
Brief Summary of Position:
Youth Pride Inc.’s mission is to meet the unique and ongoing needs of youth and young adults impacted by sexual orientation and gender identity/expression through advocacy, support, and empowerment to bring about social change.
We are searching for part-time Youth Worker (supervised by the Leadership Coordinator) who thrives on interacting with youth (ages 13 to 23) and who can bring a high level of energy and creativity to tasks including:
- Supervising all youth in our drop=in center and collecting attendance/demographic data
- Facilitating the Youth Programming Council—a regular meeting of youth who give input and guidance about the programs that run in our drop-in center
- Facilitating or presenting a variety of workshops and other programs in the drop-in center
- Screening, interviewing, and coordinating all potential volunteers and interns
- Assisting the Leadership Development Coordinator with duties related to the Gay/Straight Alliance Coalition and/or the OUTspoken leadership development program
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working with a diverse population of youth; LGBTQQ youth experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment essential
- Ability to motivate youth, problem solve, and maintain a safe environment
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Youth Development or related field desired
- Successful candidate must pass a BCI background check.
Youth Pride Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability, age, marital status, personal appearance, family structure and/or responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, gender identity/expression or HIV status.
People of color and LGBTQQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and résumé via e-mail to Kerri Kanelos, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.