Title: Administrative & Development Assistant
Organization: Youth Pride Inc. (Rhode Island)
Job Type: This is a part-time position (up to 20 hours per week); hourly rate based on experience. Flexible schedule available.
Brief Summary of Position:
Youth Pride Inc.’s mission is to meet the unique and ongoing needs of youth and young adults impacted by sexual orientation and gender identity/expression through advocacy, support, and empowerment to bring about social change.
Youth Pride Inc. is searching for a part-time Administrative & Development Assistant who will report to the Executive Director.
- Overseeing the inventory and ordering of all office supplies
- Coordinating and communicating with office vendor services (building maintenance, IT, etc.)
- Maintaining office filing systems
- Processing donations and preparing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Coordinating productions and mailings of appeal letters, special event invitations, etc.
- Logging in and routing all mail
- Maintaining guest lists, gathering and preparing registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events
- Assisting with marketing and social media efforts as needed
- Handling all administrative details associated with board meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in an administrative position, preferably at a nonprofit organization.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be highly organized, with the ability to prioritize, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills, including data entry, mail merge, Excel and PowerPoint
- Successful candidate must pass a BCI background check.
This is a part-time position (up to 20 hours per week); hourly rate based on experience. Flexible
Youth Pride Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability, age, marital status, personal appearance, family structure and/or responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, gender identity/expression or HIV status.
People of color and LGBTQQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and résumé via e-mail to Kerri Kanelos, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.