Title: Coalition Coordinator
Organization: Old Colony YMCA (Stoughton, MA)
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Brief Summary of Position:
The Coalition Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating activities associated with the Old Colony Healthy Communities Coalition to include providing: general oversight for coalition activities and associated projects; grant development, submission, and management; and reporting. The Coordinator will work to develop and implement strategies that will lead to long-term involvement of community institutions, organizations and individuals in health promotion, assessment, and evaluation activities. S/he will represent the OCY in a positive, professional manner, resulting in friendly, convenient and courteous service and will display and encourage the character traits of caring, responsibility, honesty and respect in the fulfillment of all job duties.
• Work with Healthy Living Director to implement Community Action Plans (CAP) within each community.
• Conduct any necessary assessments warranted by the coalition to develop CAP
• Implement wellness strategies in the community that address physical activity, nutrition, mental health, and healthy transportation
• Review and evaluate enrollments and services, and document and report findings to the Healthy Living Director on a monthly basis
• Maintain accurate records for use in budgeting, program monitoring and reporting
• Provide leadership and direction in the development of short and long-range plans; gather, interpret and prepare data for studies, reports and recommendations; coordinate coalition activities with other departments and agencies as needed
• Develop sustainability plan that includes different funding sources, i.e. local and federal grant, YUSA and CDC funding.
• Ensure clear, concise and consistent information is communicated to coalition and community members and staff
• Work with REACH Coalition Coordinator and OCY Healthy Living and Wellness Directors to support the OCY Healthy Living Framework
• Develop relationships with community leaders in Old Colony communities.
• Continually broaden expertise in the area of healthier communities initiatives and serve as resource person
• Work with branch executives to recruit and maintain a diverse coalition membership
• Coordinate and facilitate coalition meetings and communicate effectively with members to promote collaboration, negotiation, and problem solving
• Document findings and progress of programs and activities in written reports
• Follow all regulations set by grant budgets.
• Prepare and administer respective departmental budgets. Take appropriate action to maintain fiscal soundness, correcting variances as needed.
• Adhere to all fiscal policies and procedures such as petty cash, member services, member registration, purchase orders, and employee expenses.
• Participate as requested in branch committees, coalition and task forces
• Represent the OCY in all coalition meetings
• Support the annual Strong Kids Campaign by participating and aiding the teams, divisions, recruiting and supervising volunteers, contributors and campaigners, and/or soliciting pledges
• Promote Y programs through public appearances and presentations
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES – TEAM LEADER
• Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
• Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support
• Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
• Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance.
Bachelor’s Degree in community relations or related field necessary
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Programs including Word, Excel and Power Point
3-5 years of experience working in the human service or fitness field
Grant writing and fiscal management skills necessary
Knowledge of wellness strategies (physical activity, nutrition, mental health) with a focus on policy change
Experience conducting research including data collection
Community organizing and coalition building experience working with diverse populations helpful
Bilingual skills a plus
To apply send cover letter and resume to Lauren Bartell:
Lauren Bartell, Healthy Living Coordinator
OLD COLONY YMCA- STRIAR
445 Central St., Stoughton, MA 02072
(P) 781.341.2016 ext 204