Title: Program Coordinator II (Community Liaison)
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Division of Prevention & Wellness
Job Type: Full-time, salaried
Brief Summary Position:
Community Liaisons serve as the link between state chronic disease prevention programs and community-based prevention efforts and coordinate the activities of the Division of Prevention and Wellness on the local level to ensure a comprehensive and collaborative approach. Community Liaisons support a variety of programs including but not limited to the Mass in Motion and the Massachusetts Tobacco Control Program. Community liaisons may also be assigned to support community-based activities that become available via federal grant opportunities. Community Liaisons provide training and technical assistance to support the use of policy, systems and environmental change strategies and evidence-based clinical prevention strategies to prevent and reduce chronic disease and associated risk factors and create healthier communities. Community Liaisons are assigned an area of coverage. The Community Liaison for this specific posting will be based out of DPH Central Office in Boston.
Detailed Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify, build and help to sustain local chronic disease prevention collaborations and partnerships in communities in the assigned area of the state.
• Build capacity for communities in the assigned area of the state to be able to institute clinical and policy, systems and environmental change strategies to impact healthy communities.
• Provide technical assistance and oversight to community-based initiatives funded by the bureau.
• Coordinate initiatives in the assigned area of the state with MDPH clinical and community-based prevention programs through the program directors of each program.
• Provide technical assistance and education to local groups on health conditions including but not limited to overweight and obesity, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, tobacco use, and asthma.
• Provide technical assistance and training on the use of clinical and policy, systems and environmental change strategies to decrease preventable health conditions and improve chronic disease management.
• Attend and participate in local, regional and statewide meetings on topics related to community and clinical prevention efforts.
• Assist in the development of appropriate objectives, strategies, tactics and interventions for statewide health improvement plans.
Apply online or mail/ fax to:
Health Office of Human Resources
600 Washington Street, 7th Fl.
Boston, MA 02111
When applying for this position remember to include posting ID # J43399