On Monday evening, November 4th, MPHA hosted our 2013 Reception and Annual Meeting as part of the American Public Health Association’s 141st Annual Meeting and Expo. We were packed-to-the-gills with members, partners and new faces! Click here to see all the pictures of the event.
It was wonderful to have such a big crowd on hand to celebrate MPHA’s accomplishments over the past year, and APHA’s Annual Meeting being held in Boston this year gave us a unique chance for MPHA to showcase our leadership in health prevention, promotion, and care in front of a national audience.
A special thank you to our generous event sponsors: Baystate Health, Health New England, Justice Resource Institute (JRI), Network Health, MA Nurses Association, MORE Advertising, and BMC HealthNet Plan.
If you weren’t able to join us, here are a few highlights:
- Over 150 people were in attendance including many new and old friends, coalition partners, and funders.
Guests listen to the speaking program
- Public health dignitaries from around the globe were in attendance to hear about the great accomplishments and leadership of the Commonwealth in the health care and prevention arena.
- Dr. Barbara Ferrer gratefully accepted Mayor Menino’s Public Health Hero award and made a strong pitch on behalf of Mayor Menino for why MPHA should be “our organization”.
Dr. Barbara Ferrer
- Senate President Therese Murray was honored for her groundbreaking effort to pass the first-of-its-kind Prevention and Wellness Trust.
Senate President Therese Murray accepts her award from MPHA Board President Steve Bradley and MPHA’s Maddie Ribble
- MPHA welcomed new board members Cristina Booker, John Auerbach, Soloe Dennis, and Wanda Givens.
- MPHA honored retiring board members Roberta Gianfortoni, Deborah Klein Walker, and Eileen Sullivan.
- And we recognized board members in new leadership positions within MPHA: Deborah Dickerson, President- Elect; Jessica Collins, Vice President; and Derek Brindisi, Affiliate to Rep to the APHA Governing Council.
Click here to see all the photos of the event.
We are very proud of the work we’ve accomplished together in the last year. We hope you received a copy of our Annual Report, but just in case you didn’t, please be sure to check it out here.
Thank you for helping to make this event such a success! Together, we can work to build healthy and vibrant communities for all Massachusetts residents.