The Department of Public Health plans to release a funding application for the Prevention and Wellness Trust Fund on August 26th. Last month, four listening sessions were held to gather public input into the development of the funding application. The listening sessions were attended by roughly 300 stakeholders and community members who came out to offer input on topics such as evaluating effective partnerships, addressing rural challenges, defining community-clinical linkages, and many others. To view the PowerPoint presented at the listening sessions, click here. The DPH executive summary of the listening sessions can be found here.
In addition, the following meeting dates and deadlines were announced at the July 29th Prevention and Wellness Advisory Board meeting:
- Aug. 19 – 3rd meeting of the Prevention and Wellness Advisory Board (PWAB) to discuss a draft of the Request for Response (RFR). This meeting is open to the public, and will be held from 1-4 p.m. in the Public Health Council Room at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, 250 Washington St. in Boston.
- Aug. 26 – The RFR will be available
- Sept. 12 – Bidders meeting (location to be determined).
- Sept. 19 – Letters of intent due
- Sept. 26 – 4th meeting of the Prevention and Wellness Advisory Board. This meeting is open to the public, and will be held from 1-4 p.m. in the Public Health Council Room at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, 250 Washington St. in Boston.
- Oct. 15 – Final applications due
If you’d like to learn more about the Prevention and Wellness Trust, here are some helpful links: